gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 19, 2014, 01:34:05 PM
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Forum Home Releases BitTorrent Tracker Contact Us xDCC Bot Listing Help Login Registergfx
Anime-Kraze.org  |  Our Past Projects  |  Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Sacred Spirit) (Moderators: runpsicat, Yosaphina, Kyra, |Obaka|)  |  kanbal? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: kanbal?  (Read 6064 times)
jimlikessweets
.: Kraze Rookie :.

« on: July 20, 2007, 02:17:27 AM »

hi i noticed they call balsa a "kanbal" woman. any idea where kanbal is? i did some digging and it seems like it was somewhere is southern laos way back when. (no way to prove if my info is right)
LazyWulfran
Destroyer of Post Counts
Global Moderator
.: Kraze Super Elite :.

Remember, I wield the Banhammer

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:00:51 AM »

Maybe it's supposed to be "cannibal"?  Does she eat people?

EasyPrey

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 09:20:02 AM »

Kanbal is in a Galaxy far, far away . . .

(sorry could not resist the cheap star wars joke. Very Happy)

I did remember that the new Yogo empire is a peninsula*.  That would mean that there is only one way to go to Kanbal.

-EasyPrey

* Going by memory, not 100% sure.  I think that was in the episode notes for the episode where Balsa and Chagum were "killed" by the wolf.

jimlikessweets

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »

@easyprey that only supports that it's probably in the vietnamese pennisula. which laos is on maybe. ^^;;;;;
Teclo
ディスク ・エラー

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 06:56:37 AM »

Going off a fairly vague memory here, I remember that someone mentioned that Kanbal is a region, I think they said across a mountain range, and it's very inhospitable and quite the opposite to the temperate, pleasant region where the capital is situated (and indeed the sort of places that most of Seirei no Moribito has taken place in so far). I remember it being in the episode where the giant wolf attacks "Balsa" and "Chagum" in order to trick their pursuers and I also have a vague memory of the pursuers hypothesising that Balsa was trying to return to her homeland, Kanbal, across the the mountain range in which the giant wolf trick-attack occurs. I could be wrong, this is just me sort of going "hmm, yeah, Kanbal does sound familiar..." and then chaining together what I just wrote.

Sci-Fi

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »

Kanbal was/is a city in the Kashmir region, a rich valley with mountain peaks and 5 rivers. Lot of religious history in  that region plus the belief that the aryan race (not the nazi version) originated in that area before migrating to europe or some scholars believe they migrated from europe to India....whatever. Some SnM fans believe this area fits the description, as told by the characters, and that it's location allows many different cultures/races to interact (China, India, Pakistan, the former Soviet Union) and is/was considered the "Switzerland" of the sub continent.

In any case SnM is a fictional story set in a place/planet that has "2 moons" and the locations and customs could be reflective of many regions in historic asia.
Anime-Kraze.org  |  Our Past Projects  |  Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Sacred Spirit) (Moderators: runpsicat, Yosaphina, Kyra, |Obaka|)  |  kanbal? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to: