gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 18, 2014, 04:45:05 AM
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Forum Home Releases BitTorrent Tracker Contact Us xDCC Bot Listing Help Login Registergfx
Anime-Kraze.org  |  Our Past Projects  |  Old Projects  |  Chrno Crusade  |  Chrno Crusade Terms Discussion Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Chrno Crusade Terms Discussion Thread  (Read 11056 times)
Kenren
.: Kraze Super Elite :.

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2003, 07:14:54 PM »

Yes Chrno is vocied by Ishida Akira... Rosette is voiced by... whoever did Elphitine in Scrapped Princess.  And Remington is Zarbon from Dragonball

Hiyono

Alone in bad company

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 12:14:18 PM »

Rosette = Kawakami Tomoko

The law of contracts - "What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."
Xeller
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2003, 10:48:26 PM »

Well I was the "Traslator out of town"... but anyway, yeah, like I said, I'm not well versed in relgion.  I'd like comments like the thing about "reverend" and such, because I want it to sound good. Peace!
PerfectCell
.: Kraze Rookie :.

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2003, 01:08:10 AM »

Squaresoft owns all of Japan and the US. You just haven't realized this yet.
uLTraCarL-
Long-fingered loli lover

I rule

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2003, 02:21:52 AM »

right and i'm the king of the world  Rolling Eyes

Anime-Kraze .. #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
[Ht] Hostile Takeover .. #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net
wasian
.: Kraze Elite :.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2003, 02:31:53 AM »

All hail UC, king of the world ...  

My only problem with the series is that it's going to be too damn short.  If you could make the series last longer ... yeah, that's about all you could do to improve it.  Great job.  Is this xeller's first solo translator project?  I haven't been paying attention to the creds.

About the Order of Mary Magdalene ... I was interested about this so I googled up some information.  All I can say, as a christian myself, is that I can neither call them "christian" nor "catholic" they're off in a world of their own.  Calling them an esoteric sect is an understatement.  (btw, christian is a word that refers to anyone that belives in salvation through christ, so catholics are simply a branch of christianity.  Catholic itself means "universal" and in the early years of christianity the group of all believers was called the catholic church, or universal body of believers.  But over time catholic was simply taken as the name and they became more estranged from the original church.  That was a large factor in the protestant reformation.  That probably confused the heck out of anyone who bothered to read it, but basically catholicism is just a "sect" of christianity, so saying they are completely different is misleading.)

Wasian, picture sigless since March '03
Mr.Monkey
.: Kraze Starter :.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2003, 01:59:35 PM »

Quote from: VashtheStampede
Quote from: Hiyono
I doubt you can trademark the word "Chrono"  

You can if you're Square Co. Ltd./Squaresoft/Square-Enix/whatever you want to call it. Surprised

Chrono IS trandmarked for a game Chrno Is trademarked for the show, as in Inuyasha in inuyasha.
Hiyono

Alone in bad company

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 06:46:39 PM »

Wrong fool.  The whole title (Chrono Trigger) is trademarked.  You can't copyright/trademark a word like "chrono".  That's like "I copyrighted the word "the" so you can't use it anymore!"   Rolling Eyes   You have a brain, use it people.

The law of contracts - "What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."
Lucky

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2003, 03:02:14 PM »

Actually iirc chrono is the name of the series that consist of two games - chrono trigger and crono cross.
I'd like to point out that trademarking laws generally allow you to make a trademark out of almost any word - as long as you can prove that you've built a product around this paricular word. Chrono is an english word. I see no reason why couldn't trademark it for game/animation in Japan, just like there would be little problem in registering a transliterated word from i.e. japanese or russian as a trademark in english speaking country.
Hiyono

Alone in bad company

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2003, 12:44:04 AM »

Yeah, I guess 'cuz it's Japan.  That would never happen here though...

LazyWulfran
Destroyer of Post Counts
Global Moderator

Remember, I wield the Banhammer

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2003, 08:33:53 AM »

Actually, I just trademarked the word "cheese".  You may only use it at my behest, fool.

eean

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2003, 11:07:24 PM »

Quote from: wasian
All hail UC, king of the world ...  

My only problem with the series is that it's going to be too damn short.  If you could make the series last longer ... yeah, that's about all you could do to improve it.  Great job.  Is this xeller's first solo translator project?  I haven't been paying attention to the creds.

About the Order of Mary Magdalene ... I was interested about this so I googled up some information.  All I can say, as a christian myself, is that I can neither call them "christian" nor "catholic" they're off in a world of their own.  Calling them an esoteric sect is an understatement.  (btw, christian is a word that refers to anyone that belives in salvation through christ, so catholics are simply a branch of christianity.  Catholic itself means "universal" and in the early years of christianity the group of all believers was called the catholic church, or universal body of believers.  But over time catholic was simply taken as the name and they became more estranged from the original church.  That was a large factor in the protestant reformation.  That probably confused the heck out of anyone who bothered to read it, but basically catholicism is just a "sect" of christianity, so saying they are completely different is misleading.)

A google for "Order of Mary Magdalene" (in quotes) brings a total of 44 results. For Google, thats practically non-existent. I doubt the "Order of Mary Magdalene" found (exclusively?) on the Internet is in any-shape-or-form related to whats in the anime/manga unless theres is something else to firm up their relation, outside of just the name.

Are we sure they aren't catholic (and by Catholic I mean the Japanese fantasy interpretation of catholicism, like in Hellsing)? I assumed they were, does it say something different in the Manga?
Xeller
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2003, 02:36:34 AM »

Kasshin
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2003, 03:02:20 AM »

96300 Shocked
I guess that's settled...

Btw Xeller I'd recommend the "new tab" icon for when you customize your toolbar. (right click where the icons are in the toolbar, customize) And I'd also put down our awesome forums on that bookmark toolbar! Very Happy

Chococat
Chocolate-coloured nose cat
Global Moderator

I R Cute

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2003, 03:12:03 AM »

I prefer the Mouse Gesture UP for new tabs  Very Happy

Anime-Kraze.org  |  Our Past Projects  |  Old Projects  |  Chrno Crusade  |  Chrno Crusade Terms Discussion Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to: